Friday, August 11, 2006

Done and Done

Tetelestai! Eucharisto! / It is finished! I give thanks!

(I couldn't for the life of me find the actual Greek words for the above--ones I could easily copy and paste, that is--so the pronunciation will have to do.)

I can't believe summer Greek is over. These last few weeks flew by. I'm excited, though. It feels reallllly good to be done. I will miss our Presby friends--Ed and Clark in particular. It felt like the end of a summer at camp. . .saying goodbye to friends with whom you've spent 7 weeks working together on the same thing. Just like when I said goodbye after 7 or 8 weeks at camp four years ago. Except this time, I only said goodbye to a few people rather than 20!

This morning in chapel, we sang a bunch of our favorite hymns. It was glorious. I of course got kinda emotional, since singing with a group of people who 1) know and love hymns just as I do, and 2) can sing beautifully in harmony, is like a slice of heaven on earth. . .a piece of what is to come, I believe.

I'm spending the next couple of days getting some "chores" done that I've neglected the past few weeks. A lot of people here at seminary are going home this week (we have a 10-day break before orientation), and, while I suppose I could hop in the car and drive to Texas, I don't think it'd be worth it to stay only a few days. So it makes me sad to hear people joyfully packing their cars and talking of homecomings. . .

But instead of being sad, I've decided to hop in the car and drive to the other "T" state to visit my Trishy and her Richie! I'm so ready to see them and their new home in Sewanee! It'll be a great way to relax, I think, and we've really missed each other lately. It'll be wonderful to be with a friend who's known me for a long time. She and I are making great friends at our respective new locations, but there's always something about being with people who already really know you. . .

Have a good one, friends!

4 Comments:

Blogger trishy said...

I am so freakin' excited about you coming. I want you to stay like all week!!! hehe. We are going to have a fantastic time, even if it's just drinking tea (or in my case, lemonade) in the rocking chairs on the back porch! Yeah for old friends :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Tamber said...

I can't believe you have been gone for that long! I am sure you are anxious to see Trish...have fun!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I wish I was close enough for you to just jump in the car and come see for a couple days...
I'm very glad that Trish is close enough for you to do that though, it's good for you to be around familiar people. I hope you have a great break and I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon.

Love you.

7:09 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Ahhh how fun! I'm so jealous of you guys sitting on the back porch drinking tea-or-ade! (Something about an apartment back balco-porch just isn't the same. Plus... it's just too hot to do that this week.)

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home