Friday, July 21, 2006

I miss my family. I wish I could go home this weekend, but alas, I am 17 hours away. Or something like that. Suck. This is a familiar feeling. . .I seem to remember feeling lonely like this right after I moved to Austin after college. At least this time I'm in school and have made some friends already, but some days it hits that I don't have anyone to call up and go to dinner with, or shop with, or watch a movie with. And I don't have my sister around anymore to spend an entire Friday evening watching Sex & the City episodes with (which is what I feel like doing tonight).

Everyone who I want to see is too far away right now.

I found a new musician of whom I am a fan. Check out Josh Ritter. Met him at Starbucks and fell in love. . .um, with his music, that is. ;)


Later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

don't write entries like that...it makes me nervous about going to Purdue...haha.




I miss you, sis.

9:41 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Wait... I'm confused... did you MEET HIM meet him or did you just see his CD?

Sorry, my head hurts this morning and I can see that it's gonna be a long day. :)

Count your blessings, it's hot and drought-like here! Love ya Lorena!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Don't worry Girly...I'll be there as soon as I can and we'll go eat out and shop and watch tv and drive around listening to rap music. It'll be great.
I miss you so much too, I could really use you down here too!!
Love you lots.

8:21 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

Hey! I'm not quite to feeling like that yet - I'm still unpacking boxes which leaves litle time for being sad.

I'm sorry you're missing your family so much. I guess this is part of growing up, huh? I hope I can drive to see you soon.

PS - Our place at Sewanee is SO CUTE!!!! I can't WAIT for you to come here :)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home