Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Guy & The Girl: Adventures at Kure Beach, NC

Dinner at Jack Mackerel's--a happenin' little islandy/toursity spot. Rob's favorite beach drink is a pina colada (yes, he's a girl), which he had already enjoyed by the time this picture was taken.

We went to the end of Highway 421, where we saw some deer, a lighthouse, and a scuttling crab. We like the word 'scuttle.' It's fun.

You can't tell from this picture, but the waves were vicious! I was knocked down several times (not to mention dragged on my knees, which resulted in some nasty sand scrape-age). Robby, however, had fun riding the waves. He's in the pictured wave somewhere. Can you find him? :)

A fisherman on the pier caught a baby shark!


I decided that, if I ever had a pet pelican, I would call him "Pelly." Rob thought this was silly. But I don't care. This reminds me of when my brother got a parakeet and I wanted to name him "Pecker." I had no idea why my dad was laughing.

Yep, we are pretty cute. :)

And now, back to Greek, back to school. . .bleh. I wish our little "vacay" could've lasted a bit longer, but that's life, I guess. Hope life is good for all of my readers! Lots of love to you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you two had a great time. Wish I could have snuck along with you both to enjoy the beach...maybe next time.
Love you and Miss you!

3:50 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

woo! I'm so jealous, the baby shark is kinda cute in a mini-Jaws sort of way...

Glad you're enjoying NC! :)

6:38 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

watch out port A...Lauren's found a new beach! Wish we could all be there with you, but I know you're glad we weren't! hehe

love you and can't wait to see you!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Trish, you crack me up. I sure do miss you. . .

12:15 PM  
Blogger trishy said...

I was going to say that Lauren's found a new bitch. I mean beach. But then I decided that was rude. So I'm saying now instead. haha

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Becca said...

Pecker... that one made me laugh!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home