Friday, June 23, 2006

So Long

Yay! I have the internet in my apartment! I am a happy camper. . .or happy seminarian. . .whatever.

I just dropped Em off at the Charlotte airport and was fighting back tears as I hugged her goodbye. What a sap, I know. We just had a blast this week, and I have no more visitors from Texas for a while. I won't see Emily til Christmas, which is really weird. We've never gone that long without seeing each other, I don't think. It's kinda like she symbolizes a lot of what home means to me. Em's always been there for me, and her visits have always been easier and a lot more frequent than they will be now. . .


But I'm not going to wallow in my sorrows because it's not like we don't have the phone and e-mail. I'm so thankful for her friendship--since 6th grade! This girl is a friend for life. We've stuck by each other through junior high, high school and college. . .we've suffered thru horrible relationships and celebrated the wonderful ones. . .we've grown up, but not apart. And the best part is, we laugh pretty much all the time. I love mi mejor amiga!


I noticed that I have a "Texas ego" that shows itself when I have people visiting from Texas. Em and I were laughing yesterday because we went to the state capital building here and I kept talking about the Texas Capital and how it's so much bigger and better. What a Texas nerd! I guess you don't realize how much Texas pride you have until you leave.

I've decided that Charleston is definitely a place I will be taking friends who come visit. It's way cooler than Columbia, and it's only an hour and a half away! Em and I went there for a day, and it's got the beach plus a bunch of historical stuff. Very cool.

I start Greek on Monday. For now, I'm going to take a nap and finish decorating my apartment. I don't know how regular my posts will be from now on, but I'm going to try to keep this up. It's been too fun to let go, even if no one reads it. . .

Love!

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Hey, I read, even if sometimes I can't comment (because sometimes I read on my cell phone and the scripts just don't work right).

When Ryan and I lived in Missouri, we got teased a lot for being so proud of Texas. We had (and still have) all sorts of Texan stuff in our place... clocks, a big Texas flag throw, random photos of Texan things... we're a proud people, us Texans... carry the torch on, Lauren!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

ha ha, I love it! My mom sent me a few Texas items, and several friends gave me Texas-related things to bring with me. They are definitely proudly displayed here in SC. :) I've got love for that Lone Star State!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

Twinny! I have so much reading to catch up on, but basically, I'm glad you're there safely. I miss you!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Tamber said...

I'm a Texas nerd, too. When I lived in CA, Steve and I tried to convince almost everyone that it is a great place to live. I don't think we convinced anyone, but I still love the place and am glad to be back.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home