Monday, May 01, 2006

I'm eating Alphabet Spaghettios in my office right now. Sometimes there just ain't nothin' better.

Leah and I paid $65 to have someone mow and edge our lawn this weekend. And there's something so nice about having it done. I even told the guy, "I honestly will pay you practically anything to get this lawn done." I know that's pretty stupid, but if you haven't seen our lawn, it was horrible. We'd become the crappy tenants on the street who never take care of their house. I'd decided that the lawn was just never going to get done by us, so lo and behold, we received a business card on our doorstep yesterday and gave the man a call. And now I can't stop looking out the window at our beautiful front and back yards. I actually want to go play outside on the grass now. Even the birds like it. They're all hopping around and enjoying the cut grass. It's the little things, right?

Youth Sunday is this Sunday and I'm feeling a bit stressed in hopes that it comes together alright. The one thing I know is that it always does. . .but somehow that doesn't make the stress any less. . .

Have a good one!

12 Comments:

Blogger Rob West said...

If there's one thing that helps, it's alphabet Spaghettios.. those things are awesome!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Aren't lawns weird? So much effort.

3:21 PM  
Blogger trishy said...

it's about damn time someone mowed that grass. I almost got lost in it last weekend.

:)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I think you DID get lost, Trish, because you never called me back last night. :)

7:17 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

I know. Richie called me as I left choir and we talked till I got to my apt. and then I promptly fell asleep....

tonight?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

When Courtney and Emily and I shared a house in Seguin, we just got this guy that really liked Emily to work on our lawn...he liked to do it because he got to see Emily and then we liked it because it didn't cost us anything.

Maybe you could find someone that liked Leah, and will come and mow your lawn just to see her. It's cheap and effective...it may not be right, but it gets the job done.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

hahahahaha becky that made me laugh.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

It made ME laugh, too. . .because where will we EVER find a guy who likes Leah? ;)

7:22 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

Just make sure he is a republican landscaper. You wouldn't want your yard to look all...liberal.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

hahahah, damn right, trish.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Becca Alavarado said...

Had your lawn been mowed since Mo mowed it during Rita? (that was a weird sentance to write) -- No wonder Trish got lost in it.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Nope, Beckers. . .it had only been mown by you guys. We're such slackers. ha ha

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home