Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Austin, I Will Miss You

This is what I see every day when I turn onto my street:


Seemingly uninteresting, right?

There's a school bus in front of a house. No big deal.

Except I tend to think it's a bit weird. Here's why. This bus isn't dropping off children. It isn't picking up children. It remains parked outside of a house every day. Sometimes it's gone. But it always re-appears.

And I've been dying to know who drives it, and, even more so, WHY?

So Janie comes by one night last week to say goodbye to Leah. And as we're all three standing outside my house. . .we hear a sound. . .the sound of a school bus turning onto the street. And I was excited because finally, finally, we might get a glimpse of the mystery person who obviously drives a school bus (a short bus, at that!) as a personal vehicle.

And it stopped in front of the house, the side doors opened, and a nerdy-looking guy stepped off and walked to his house. Seriously, this guy looked to be about 17 or 18. He knocked on the garage door, it opened, and he ducked inside. I noticed today as I was photographing this peculiarity on our street that he must live in the garage because there's an A/C unit in a side window. Interesting.

I wonder how he got that bus? I wonder if he thinks it's cool? I wonder. . .just. . .WHY?

Cracks me up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I miss you, Sissy.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Hmmm....that is very strange. I'd be cursious as well...wait, I am curious.

I knew a guy that lived in a garage...that was odd. But there was a bed and a TV and a couch...kind of cozy.

7:05 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

and with gas prices the way they are? wow.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I noticed that bus on my visit... random. Do you think he has his CDL? Better check on that...

7:57 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

ok random story about short buses...well sort of:

when my brother was like 10 or so, he was riding to school with my mother and they passed the familiar sign

SLOW
Children at Play.

And my brother said, "Mom, am I slow?"

(and in her mind she thought: "I think you must be.")

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home