Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Wow! I want a rich boyfriend, too!*

I'm hungry today. I actually think I've managed to make myself tired of Thundercloud. Crazy, I know. But I eat there at least once a week. And today I went with Leah (which has become a sort of tradition, if you will) and I didn't want anything. Now part of that probably had to do with the fact that my stomach was gurgly this morning and I didn't feel that hungry. BUT, now that I am hungry and want food, I'm not dying for a Thundercloud sub. And I usually can eat one any time. I guess too much of a good thing is still too much. Oh, well. I'm sure I'll be back there next week. Or even tomorrow, knowing me. :)

I'm starting to think about cleaning out my office. And I've decided that I don't like thinking about it. Youth ministers' offices tend to become the collection area for all sorts of random things. I have a sleeping bag rolled up in the corner, a saw from last year's mission trip, an old computer monitor, bags of bandanas, boxes of t-shirts, you name it. I'm sometimes afraid I'm going to be the one responsible for Merle's death. He's 80-something years old and every time he comes in here to chat, I wince when he almost trips over the boxes as he makes his way to sit down across from my desk. (Seems like I've mentioned this before--sorry if I'm repeating myself.) Anyway, it's going to be hard work. And I don't know if I've given myself enough time for it all. My last Sunday here is June 4th, then I'm moving that week--like June 6th. So maybe I should start. . .now.

Oh, but wait. It's spring. Which means there are graduation gifts to get, high school musicals I must attend, confirmation classes to teach, end-of-the-year youth group parties to plan for. . .can a girl ever get it all done? *dramatic sigh*

Love to all!



----
*Not really. I'm perfectly happy with The Guy. And just in case you didn't know, he's gonna win the lottery some day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I could go for a rich boyfriend. When I was talking to Ryan last night he said he was never going to rich...I told him to stop calling me. (Of course I said it jokingly).

Good luck cleaning out your office. I can't even see the top of my desk...I wouldn't know where to begin. But I'm sure you'll do fine. I can't believe how quickly June is coming...I wish it was still months away.

3:05 PM  
Blogger trishy said...

ah, how I miss my old office. Tools, random shoes, baloons, t-shirts, sports equipment, markers everywhere, a pink flamingo...

good luck cleaning. this is your mother trish telling you to start now!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Rob West said...

http://www.halloweencostumeworld.com/images/funworld/1414.jpg


Google image search for Sugar Mama. If that chick was a guy, she'd be SOOO gay. I think it's the feather.

7:46 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

oh yeah, I forgot to mention that if your "so done" with Thundercloud, perhaps Lenny's might be more to your liking.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Anyone else think that Rob totally needs that pimp costume? Raise your hands.

Trish--Ohhh, Lenny's!! Thanks for the reminder. ha ha

10:44 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

FYI, friends, I am eating a Thundercloud sandwich right now. 1:54 pm CST

11:56 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

traitor.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.MillionaireMatch.com/i/af3035441

Snag a really really REALLY rich boyfriend. It works, I promise.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home