Sunday, April 16, 2006

Well, Hoppity Hip!

The title of this post is a phrase exclaimed this morning at church by our lovely secretary, Lisa--she also says "Jeez o' Pete" (sp?), "Mercy Dell" (dell is pronounced 'dale'), and "Lordy May" quite frequently. I'm going to miss that gal and her little sayings. . .

So, it's Easter weekend and I'm all alone. (ha ha I'm not upset about it, I just thought I'd sound pitiful for a second.) I've actually been looking forward to this weekend for a while--it's the one weekend I haven't had anything planned and I've been able to do a whole heck of a lot, which is awesome. Here's a rundown of what I've been up to this week:

*Met with my spiritual director for the second-to-last time before I move; as usual, I left with some enlightening ideas about myself and the ways in which God is working in my life. I find that, while I claim to be all inclusive and open, I have a tendency to act quite the opposite--and usually with the ones I love the most--so that's not good. There are things to work on!

*Went to church for Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter. We remember the most significant events of the Christian church this week, and I always come away with something new. This year, I spoke at the early service about Easter and I talked about our resurrection stories--I think we all have one or more. Someone told me recently that my parents' divorce is a huge part of my resurrection story. God raised up our family and gave new life to something that was broken. While I certainly know that there were painful parts of that time in my life, I can definitely say that my siblings and I came through that experience with stronger relationships both with each other and with our parents. The result is one family--a bit scarred, but very strong. Thank You for showing us the power of resurrection in our lives. It doesn't just stop with Jesus--it continues in our world today. Things aren't always what they seem. . .

*Went shopping. Probably bought too much. But whatev.

*Talked to and saw some old friends. Leslie and I had a fun conversation (the secret's out!) and Carmack and I caught up, too. I went to Bulverde and hung out with Miriam and Scott, which was GREAT because I hadn't seen them in forever. I also saw Marcy and Johnny Boy at church, which was fabulous.

*Got mad and made mad (involving the same person over a span of two days! Goodness.) I've thought about it, though, and I've come to the conclusion that we get the maddest at those we love the most. This may sound silly, but I used to get kinda jealous of my couple friends who fought--you gotta have passion to get mad at someone. . .and if they don't make you mad every once in a while, then maybe the passion's not really there. That's just my two cents--I'm sure it's not factual. But I, for one, think fighting is healthy. Argue with me if you want. But I stand by it. (Plus, isn't making up sweet? And I'm not just talking about, you know, that kind of making up. . .you know what I mean. . .:)

I'm gonna do some cleaning, then hang out with Beckycita a bit this evening. The Mayor's comin' into town next weekend (look out, Texas!), so watch for more updates as exciting events unfold. . .


Happy Easter to all!


I cannot live,
I can't breathe
Unless you do this with me.
~Angels & Airwaves

4 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

And, as usual, I'm the last to know. I feel I've been voted off the island.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Leslie, you're totally still on the island! We need you around because--let's face it--blogworld has been kinda slow lately. The island is feeling quiet.

Besides, it's not your fault that you're the last to know. Blame it on us. :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Know what?

...

I'm lost.

10:36 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

Leslie, I'll join you with the castaways

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home