Sunday, April 23, 2006

Texas Meets the Mayor

Well this weekend was full of fun, I tell you. Full of fun. The Mayor (or, as I affectionately call him, "Rob") visited for two days and I doubt you'll be surprised when I say that I laughed a lot. We both did. Trish and Rich came up, Lanette had lunch with us, Becky hung out for a while. . .it was a grand old time. If only the Good Capn, Huw, and Leslie had been around, I think we would've felt complete. :)

Here are some pictures from our adventures at the Texas Capitol:

The Guy pulled a knife on me at the gift shop! (doesn't he look scary?) I was a bit freaked out, but. . .

. . .we made nice for this photo in front of the Capitol. Notice Rob's new bolo tie that he bought (and wore pretty much all day). If I didn't know any better, I might think he enjoyed his new bolo more than he enjoyed visiting The Girl. But luckily I do know better. ;)

Simon's now a true Texas cat. Leave it to a guy from North Carolina to show him how to be a true Texan.

This is for Lee-lee. She hung out with us all weekend and we had fun. So of course I had to post the picture she loves the most.

A long-awaited weekend is now over. Back to everyday life tomorrow! *sigh* Oh, well. It was well worth the wait. And I'm sure the next six weeks will fly by. Part of me wants to slow them down, while the other part of me can't see them go fast enough. . .

10 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I love me some bolo.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm so glad that you made nice with the guy that tried to kill you. It's always good to have the bad guys on your side...just in case!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I see the Mayor got himself a haircut B4 he arrived.

...i thought my word verification read 'cowpou'...okay, i have a scatological sense of humor, so what?...

12:48 PM  
Blogger trishy said...

sure, simon looks as it he likes his new bolo, but what everyone doesn't know is that moments later he freaked out and liked to have hung himself with the thing!

here kitty kitty...

10:59 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Trishy: You're right--every time I look at the picture of Simon with the bolo, I laugh. Because I remember what happened seconds later. . .I'd never heard such a sound come from my kitty before.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

Was so happy to have the time with you and meet Rob and Trishy and Rich (thanks again for brunch!).

Love ya twinny.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

you'll be wishing you wouldn't have wished for those weeks to go by when my ass is moved out. hahahaha.

10:10 PM  
Blogger trishy said...

don't you love those "in your face" moments, brought to you by your sister...

7:01 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I know, she's just so sweet and charming. ;)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Huw said...

Your photo at the Capitol came out much better than our 'obscured by the shade' one. Stupid lady we made take our photo.

(Yes, a bit late. Tonight is blog catch up night)

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home