Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sunshine

Is it terrible that all I want to do is take a nap in my bed when it's gorgeous outside? Usually on such a day, I'd want to be outside taking a nap or reading or something. But no, I have no real desire on this day to be outside. All I really want to do is sleep. . .inside.

I'm seeing and hearing about babies a lot lately. It's one of those times when it seems like everyone is having a baby. I spent time with baby Elisia the other day, which was so fun. And next Friday, I'm visiting Tamber and her baby Bethany. This could be interesting for the ol' maternal instinct. . .funny how I seem to have spurts of "I want a baby!" and then, sometimes immediately following, spurts of "I am in no way ready for a baby!"

I'm finding that I think like Carrie Bradshaw from Sex & the City a lot. I was talking to Lizzie the other day and we wondered about crushes. And in my head was Carrie Bradshaw's voice asking the question that Liz and I were pondering, "Do we sometimes force attraction to someone simply because we long to have an object of our affection?" And there are other questions I've thought about this weekend after conversations with friends: "Does a person's past relationship behavior dictate how he or she will act in every future relationship? Do we ever move past our past?" and "What does it take to truly and completely get over someone?"

Anyway. I could have a whole blog dedicated to the analysis of relationships. Many of you know that I'd love that. Except I kinda have other things that take up my time right now. . .too bad.

7 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I read this article about how Coldplay's latest album is good but not as great as his previous stuff because now he has a very public relationship with Gwyneth and he tries not to write about the relationship and in trying not to his stuff comes out tepid.

Because, if he wrote freely, people would always be asking if the lyrics reflect him and Gwyneth's relationship and if they're having problems and blah blah blah.

Do you think that happens with blogs?

1:31 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

"him and Gwyneth's relationship" was incorrect usage back there, but I just had an espresso so forgive me

1:32 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hmmm. . .good question. Are you saying that my blog is boring now, Les? ;) ha

I think it does happen with blogs, though. In fact, I know it does. And just like I mentioned how much I'd love to write about relationships. . .the fact of the matter is this: now that I'm not going in-and-out of relationships and am happily settled in a healthy one, I'm not near as apt to write about the mysteries of men and why they don't call, etc. Because my man does call.

I hope I continue to analyze relationships, because I know there's a reason for all the crappy ones (and good ones) I've been in. . .but I also can already tell that my analysis has lessened a bit. And that's simply because I (gasp) don't have much to analyze. When there's not as much to question or think about, that is when I think you've found something great. It's not as fun for others, though, because then they don't have the entertainment of your up-and-down love life to keep them busy.

Interesting. I could go on more about this, and maybe I will. . .

2:08 PM  
Blogger Rob West said...

I'm willing to take the fall if it will make your blog life more interesting Sweetie.


I'll compile a list of horrible names I can call you on the phone tonight while drunk for seemingly no reason.

It should make for some great "I can't believe he said those things!" bloggin'!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Actually, in tracing back my train of thoughts (which is a scary ride often), it turns out that I was not saying your blog is now boring. Rather, it was this phrase that prompted my thoughts:

"Do we sometimes force attraction to someone simply because we long to have an object of our affection?"

Because, as I read it I began to consider Rob's place in the equation, and then decided that was silly to do because you were just wondering about something. Then I thought that's why I don't write blog content like that, because people try to figure out what you're referring to. Thus, the Colplay/Gwyneth conclusion.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Leslie--Hmmm!! Interesting.

I actually made that statement in reference to something a friend has experienced. . .and, actually, something I have experienced, too, in the past. But I can see how someone might read that and think, "I wonder what she's talking about here. . ." Actually, I do that all the time on other people's blogs.

Oh, and Robby--I think it would be nice, actually, if I could go back to being bitter about guys and relationships. Help me out here, please! I mean, this "happiness" crap is just no fun.

8:40 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

this is a lot of analysis before my coffee...

sidebar: I, too, think with Carrie Bradshaw in my head now, posing these silly questions about relationships. It's kind of like the time when I watched "Bridget Jones' Diary" and suddenly had the urge to keep a diary and when I read it out loud to myself I automatically did it in a british accent.

And that was when I knew what a loser I am.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home