Saturday, February 04, 2006

Weekend Ups and Downs

Ups:
*Emily came to visit (always a highlight) and honestly, we really didn't do a whole lot. Went out Friday night for a bit, saw Memoirs of a Geisha (wonderful!) with Court and Lee-lee, went to the park to picnic and lounge, did a little shopping, took naps. . .sounds boring, but it was excellent.
*Got lots of sleep.
*Went to the Austin High musical to hear Jackie play in the pit, which was lots of fun. Also reminded me of my own high school musical memories, which always make me smile. Good times. I once told Janie that the crowd scenes were really just times when I would mock and make fun of my fellow cast members (well, not just me--it was mutual--I wasn't like the "musical bully" or anything, though that's a funny idea). You know, you're supposed to be acting like you're actually talking about something in the background, but no one can hear you. So I'd have entire conversations about really silly or gross things, all the while referring to the girls as "ugly, no-good ______" and the boys as "sick ______ " (insert whatever female/male insult comes to mind). You name it, we used it, and oftentimes in our poor British accents. It was always hilarious to us because to the audience, we looked like we were majorly in character. That we were. :)
*Hung out with my youthies tonight for our annual Super Bowl par-tay. They crack me up, as usual.

Downs:
*Court moved out Saturday morning. I randomly cry about it. I am very sad.
*I didn't get to hang out with some of my other old AHS buds who were in town this weekend. . .sucks. Scheduling didn't work out this time, but hopefully it will happen sometime soon!*

And now, I present to you:
A Day at the Park:
Snapshots of Emily, Lauren, and Leah
Leah drives us to Zilker.
Leah chills.


Lauren tells a story (what does that gesture mean? hmmmm. . .you decide).

Leah isn't very entertained by Lauren's story.

Emily looks like a model, as usual. :)

What are Em and Lauren reading? They seem to be enjoying it. Maybe it had something to do with Lauren's story she was telling earlier.

The end.

Have a great week, friends! Catch ya later.

*Leslie, next time you're in town, call me. We WILL get together sometime! :)

You found me when no one else was looking

How did you know just where I would be?

I guess that you saw what nobody could see.

~Kelly



20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, simon is being REALLY annoying. And his breath smells terrible.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Sounds good, I should be headed that way often.

8:50 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

I love a good weekend in pictures. I wish my damn camera wasn't at the bottom of a lake.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Anonymous--shut up.

Lesl--Excellent.

Trishy--LOL! Let's talk tonight or soon.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Rob West said...

My weekend was full of events of the sort of which one does not take pictures, but twas indeed lovely nonetheless. Glad yours was super-bitchin, yo.

11:35 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

Wait a minute...did sandwich move out with Court?

11:55 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yes, Sandwich moved out. Leah and I don't necessarily miss her, but Simon Peter does.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

Love the pictures, Twinny! It was a really pretty weekend, wasn't it?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

What are Em and Lauren reading?

Passion and Purity (Rules For Christian Singles) by Elisabeth Elliot

[Thanks to you, amazon.com]

Do I win a prize? If so, please mail it to:

Jack M. Stafford
396 Bucolic Ln.
Harbinger, NJ 70013

[Glad you had a good weekend. I barely remember mine. Except for the boots.]

1:49 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

LOL, Capn! You rock. Jack Freakin' Stafford??!!

Yes, P&P is definitely a good book. . .can't say I completely follow along with everything Eliot writes, but there was a time during college when I thought she was right on-target. Pick it up sometime and take a look (just don't be too obvious at the bookstore. . .actually, you probably wouldn't care at all if people saw you flipping thru such a girly book. Yay for security in manhood.). Lemme know what you think.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

When my mom (or girlfriend) goes to try on clothes, I really don't care if I have to hold her pocketbook.

Now that's security in manhood.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

crazy girl... so misleading!! Or are you?? Your story gestures look pretty naughty... and as for the "Passion" part - that cracks me up ;-) I love you and had a BLAST!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous lizzie said...

My guess for the gesture...were you talking about a jalepeno? Hahaha, I honestly forgot about that until I typed that.

Anyways, glad you and Em had a good weekend! :)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Emmy--misleading? me? NEVER. ;)

Lizzie--oooh, I'd forgotten about the jalapeno, too! But of course it is exactly what I was talking about. Ladies, it's time for a rousing cry of "Chicks before jalapeno, um. . ." Yeah, I'm not brave enough. ha ha

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D!CKS... Chicks before Jalepeno #ahem... yup, that's right ;-)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Anonymous, you totally went there. I admire that. ;)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

What's going on with your blogroll? Your page is my portal to all of your friends pages...I check it every five minutes to see if anyone's updated.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh, nevermind. It's back.

Whew.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Rob West said...

Am I the ONLY one who assumed you were talking about a tiny baby bunny rabbit or kitten?

Man, you guys are pervs. I'm not hangin out with you anymore.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Say Girl...I'm sad for you that Courtney moved out. That's a big bummer. But I'm still here and although I don't live with you I'm always here!!
Coffee on Wednesday again? A little gossip about the ASSMAN or maybe a little visit by him, I don't know.
See ya girl. Love you lots.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home