Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I burned my tongue this morning in my eagerness to enjoy some hot chocolate. Annoying. Now everything I taste is doomed to not be as enjoyable as it could be or as it's expected to be. What exactly happens when we burn our tongues? Are our taste buds literally seared off? Hmmm. . .this sounds like a question for Mr. Rob West! I will, of course, welcome random insights from any of my readers in regards to the above question.

Becky and I are leaving for our big ol' trip to the Carolinas in a WEEK! We're going to visit Southern Seminary, where I am *almost* certain I will be attending beginning this summer. Then we're heading to Winston-Salem to vist some way cool new friends of ours who go by the mysterious yet quite stately titles of The Mayor and The Good Capn. If you know who they are, then you are obviously cool. And if you don't, then check 'em out! I bet you'll be impressed. :) We were. In fact, we were so impressed that we decided that we'd jump on a plane and go visit them! Crazy? No way. (And if they DO turn out to be, you know, weirdos. . .well then, at least we're together. . .right, Becky?) Anyway, I'm super excited about our trip. Plus, we get to spend the night at home in Arlington one night before we leave. Not that I'll get to spend tons of time there, but it's been a while and I miss my family. Yay for making mi daddy-o take us to the aeropuerto a las 5 in the morning! Spanglish, anyone? (You're the best, Pops!)

What else, what else? Our family could use some prayers right now--there's some stuff going on that's not necessarily bad, but not necessarily great, either. Please pray for wise decision-making in the next few weeks. Yeah.

Okay, I'm out. Haircut, then dinner at church (I love church meals!).

Peace.



6 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I am offended that you would deem my answer to your question a "random insight." Hmmmph.

Burning your tongue and being unable to taste anything is a perfect example of photosynthesis. Obviously.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That Good Cap'n fella appears to be a bit of a wanker. He also seems the type who'd molest 8 year old boys with a jar of anal bleaching cream. Perhaps Texas feels safer now?

Anyway, Googled it.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Rob West said...

Right.

Well.

This all seems to be in order then.

Carry on.

(Oh, and Lesl... photosynthesis has nothing to do with yout tongue. You're thinking of something else. Photosynthesis is a foot disorder caused by going barefoot in the winter.)

5:20 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

"Good times gonna come!" -Aqualung.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Ahh. See, that's why I'm no obstetrician.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

yay for random trips! i think i'm going on one in may...

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home