Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Heart

Happy V Day!!!!!
(or VDDay, says The Guy)

I, for one, am pretty dang happy this day. I have my reasons, to be sure. And my hope is that you're having a happy day, as well.

*********

Thought these quotes were interesting--any comments?

Love alone is capable of uniting living beings in such a way as to complete and fulfill them, for it alone takes them and joins them by what is deepest in themselves.
--Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations.
--Kahlil Gib

Love is eternal -- the aspect may change, but not the essence. There is the same difference in a person before and after he is in love as there is in an unlighted lamp and one that is burning. The lamp was there and was a good lamp, but now it is shedding light too, and that is its real function. And love makes one calmer about many things, and that way, one is more fit for one's work.
--Vincent Van Gogh



Celebrate love in your life today. . .all forms of it, everywhere it shows up. In the words of one of my favorite movies: "Love actually is all around you."

11 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I think Mr.Gib is setting himself up for disappointment.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

hmmm, i didn't read any of those quotes. hahaha.

i know who your valentine is! He's not cute, has bad breath, and has bad B.O. sometimes. And he's on my lap right now. Hahahaha.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Les--Yeah, Mr. Gib's quote was the most interesting to me. I agree with you.

Lee--Simon is the BEST Valentine ever. Shut your mouth. And since when does a CAT have freakin' BO? That is sick.

1:02 PM  
Blogger trishy said...

Lauren and Simon sittin' in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Anyone want to take his place? hmmm...

1:46 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Hahahahaha, Trish's comment makes for a VERY unpleasant visual!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Rob West said...

I'll switch places with you, Lauren. I've always wanted to make out with Simon. Unlike SOME people.. Republicans always have bad-breathed guys with BO in their laps.

But only The Guy has BO so bad is stinks 28 years ago.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

oh, man, you peeps is funny.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

In my best Homestar Runner impersonation...

What??

4:21 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

On the contrary, Rob. That is THE reason why I became a Republican-so I could always have bad breathed guys with B.O. in my lap! : )

5:28 PM  
Blogger trishy said...

Tony at work asked me how my "VD" was to which I replied "I don't have a venereal disease"

2:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love exchanging bodily fluids.

Anyone up for The Clap?

No?

Eh, it was worth a shot.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home