Thursday, January 05, 2006

Random

1) I love Thundercloud Subs. Honestly, there is nothing better. Mmmm. I pity anyone who has not devoured a lovely Thundercloud sandwich. It is delightful. Many will say (including my sissy) that the Thundercloud is not at all different from any other sub sandwich, but I dare say these people are WRONG. Come visit me and we'll go get some Thundercloud goodness. :)

2) I'm writing letters of recommendation for one of my friends, Anna, who worked with me here at the church last summer. She's 2 years younger than me and applying to divinity school. But not just any divinity school. She's applying to Harvard and Yale. So I'm writing recommendations addressed to the folks at Harvard and Yale. Puh-lease. I feel like such a dork because a) I somehow feel that my letter must meet a certain academic standard simply because of where it's going, and b) I find it very flattering yet funny that she asked me to do this--I mean, as I said, she's only 2 years younger than me. And, more than that, I'm applying to div school, too--just not at Harvard or Yale. (Though looking at their webpages through this process definitely made me think about it. I don't think those places are for me, but it'd be kinda fun to see if I could get in, huh?) Anyway, this is an interesting process that I must admit I'm enjoying. I feel so. . .official. ;) And yet, I'm practically in the same boat as her.

3) And now, my favorite quote this week so far, out of the mouth of Trishy:

"Lauren, you're not a boo whore."

Love it!



6 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I deserve your pity. I see they only have those in a few cities down there. I have two favorite subs:

1. Publix subs. Publix is a chain of grocery stores in the southeast. They make a mean sub. (Ethan calls them "Pube licks," but try not to think about that when you try your first.)

2. The Great Outdoors. Yummy. I'm not sure where these are, but I know there's one in Fort Worth and it is damn good. (Amanda introduced me to these.) They have a sandwich called the Invention that has cream cheese on it. Cream cheese! Who comes up with this stuff?

I'm more than willing to try these Thundercloud subs. I'm an equal opportunity sandwich eater.

12:54 PM  
Blogger trishy said...

Lauren, two things:

1. my dear, if you are going to quote me, please get it right. "I said, it's not like you're some boo-whore." Hehe.

2. I have been to visit twice and have not experienced Thundercloud Subs. How many times must one visit in order to be offered the TS experience?

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Tim said...

This has nothing to do with your blog entry, but I thought you'd find it pretty funny that you were in my dream last night. lol I don't remember exactly what was going on, but I do remember that you saved me from something terrible twice and that you were wearing jeans. lol Lauren's a hero!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Tim--yay! I'm a hero! Awesome.

Trish--true, I actually thought about the fact that I didn't think I quoted you correctly. But whatev. Oh, and I'll take you to Thundercloud next time. . .

Les--I haven't been to Publix (the way Ethan says it makes me laugh) or The Great Outdoors for subs, but I bet they're yummy.

And really, Thundercloud doesn't necessarily do anything special, so I might be over-doing it with my excitement. . .but when you find a sub place you love, you kinda stick to it. I heart the Thunder.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous lizzie said...

Lauren! I tried calling you but I was too lazy to leave a message. I officially have a job now. :) I'll tell you more about it later. But I'M SO EXCITED! (and I just can't hide it. Nor ever forget that one Saved by the Bell where Jessi takes the caffeine pills)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

You know what, I hate to say it, but whenever we ate at Thundercloud with Shannon and Courtney the other day, I had a fleeting thought of "wow, I think this IS better than Subway".

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home