Friday, January 13, 2006

It's Friday the 13th!

It's Friday morning and I can't tell you how nice it is to have a weekend with (almost) no plans! Today I'm hanging out with Becky--we're going shopping b/c we decided our Christmas presents to each other would be shopping together for clothes. We would do it anyway, and most likely together, so why not buy each other clothes? Yep. Now that's what I call fun! :)

Tonight I'm taking my middle schoolers ice-skating. I love ice-skating. And. . .I guess that's all I have to say about that.

Tomorrow morning, Janie and I are playing tennis--it's been too long! Tennis is my favorite form of exercise, but it can be frustrating if you don't have a partner who's on your playing level. Jane and I are pretty much exactly on the same level, so it's lots of fun.

Courtney went to Seguin to see some friends last night, so I was home alone. And it was weird, because I was actually quite bored. Besides talking on the phone to a lot of people I needed to catch up with, I was still like, "What do I do with myself?" I lived for a year and half by myself before I had roommates again--you'd think I have the whole nights-to-myself thing down. Obviously not. Which makes me sad about seminary, because I'll most likely be living alone again. . .and I don't like it.

Now it's time to climb back into bed and read for a while before I must shower and head to G-town to see Becky. Have a great weekend, kids!



I'm amazed. . .

9 Comments:

Blogger trishy said...

I'm jealous of your morning in bed! Have fun with Becky and buy something pretty!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

"King of Weird"? Don't you mean...Queen? HAHAHA.

And I don't think he's all THAT weird. BUT, he did just call me to say "it's a great day for flying! After today, you'll have flown more than I have so far this year!" and then of course..."you're gonna love it!"

Oh, and Peter just said "How 'bout a cupa Jooooeeeeeeeee" followed by a slurping noise.

Alright, obviously I was wrong. Calling him weird is a major understatement. : )

9:21 AM  
Blogger Rob West said...

I loooove living alone. There are no messes except the ones I make. And no one sits in the Swakny Throne but me.

I'd say more, but I'm getting hoarse, so I dont' want to talk too much.

9:54 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

are you saying, Mayor, that no one shares your shitter with you?

10:09 AM  
Blogger babyboyg said...

Hey Lauren. Of course I remember you. When I was dating Jeff, he told me he was a fan of yours, so, by extension, I was a fan too :-)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Rob West said...

Indeed Madam Sweetheart. The Mayor shitteth alone.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

Seguin? Good grief.

Have fun ice skating.

You know what's funny/sad? The only things I can afford between now and May are:

Clothes from Foleys
Clothes from Forever 21
Clothes from general stores at La Cantera worth $50
McDonalds
Movies
Starbucks

Giftcards, baby, giftcards.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Lee-lee--Thanks for calling me back, beeyotch. Did you even land the plane? I wouldn't know. :)

Robby--I think it's interesting who likes living alone and who doesn't. I got used to it and actually grew to not minding it too much. . .but my preference is definitely roommates.

Laura--That's sweet about Jeff being a "fan" of me. . .he was awesome--and I miss him. :(

Twinny Twin--Dear, don't be hatin' on Seguin. I still have some peeps down there in the ghetto. Part of me is still there roamin' the streets. ;)

And yes, giftcards RULE. I got a ton for Christmas, too, and they're grrreat!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Lauren...I had an awesome time hanging out with you on Friday. I wish we could have spent more time together. But it was about time we did some catch up chit-chat.
Now it's back to work.

Sorry we didn't get to chat much on Sunday night. Suck. But that's how things go. See ya.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home