Monday, January 16, 2006

Get Down

I'm working today and most of America is not. Bleh.

But at least I'm leaving early. Erika and I are going to watch a movie and catch up. 'Tis been a while. (And in case you care, I'm not ducking out early without making up for it later on my day off. There. No guilt.)

This weekend was LAZY and I loved it. Though I'm very glad the roomies will be returning today. I definitely slept in the house for two nights by myself--yay for Lorena! :) Friday night, I ice-skated (still don't know if that requires a hyphen. . .) and laughed a lot as my kids did silly things on the ice to entertain me. "Hey, Lauren! Watch!" and then there's a big fall. And then everyone laughs. Good times. And oh, was there drama that night! My goodness, kids were asking each other out left and right--within the youth group! It was hilarious. And yet it was sad when people were rejected. I gave one girl the "it's not the last time your heart will be broken by a guy" talk that my mom gave me in 7th grade after Ryan Cantu had asked me to the dance and showed up with three other "dates" and never danced with me. No, I'm not bitter. :) But I remember that night vividly--sitting in a corner in my room, curling up into a ball, and crying like a baby. My mom consoled me and I'll never forget those words. She was right. And really, what would we learn if we'd never had our hearts broken? We certainly wouldn't appreciate love as much, I don't think. Okay, that was a tangent. Anyway, so there was drama within the youth group and it cracked me up. . .and brought back memories of adolescent crushes. Cute stuff.

Saturday night I decided to watch Big Fish, knowing I would cry at the end, but not expecting to cry as much as I actually did. I've seen it before, and yes, I cried. But this time I was bawling, people. I'm talking shuddering, eyes-puffy-when-you-wake-up-the-next-morning CRYBABY! I honestly don't know why, but whatever. It was really good to cry like that. I must have needed it. It's just a sweet movie. And it got me. I'm one of those people who, if you tell me a movie made you cry, I'll say, "YESSS!" and be excited about seeing it. Then you'll say, "No, I cried. It was sad. You mean you want to see it because it'll make you cry?" Why yes! Duh. :)


I'm out. Later, friends.





I feel that when I'm old,
I'll look at you and know
The world was beautiful.
~Jimmy

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob West said...

I do that too. Watch movies and cry soemtimes. And I'm not ashamed, dammit.

Yes I am. It's a Wonderful Life always does it.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Robby, what about Big Fish--does it make you cry?

12:00 PM  
Blogger Rob West said...

I don't have to answer that.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that, I was young and didnt care about anyone else but myself.
Rcantu

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home