Sunday, January 01, 2006

Better Days

Wow, it's 2006. Or Twenty Aught Six, however you prefer to say it. Either way, it's 80-something degrees here in Tejas, and I'm a bit bummed about the warm temp. But it was a super nice day to be outside, so I guess it's okay.

Our New Year's Eve Par-tay was fabuloso! Old friends and new congregated to celebrate and it was quite fun. I finally met Trishy's fiance and lemme tell ya, this guy is awesome. He's funny and he fits Trish so very well. . .I'm so happy for her. You know how you look at some couples and think, "I want what they have"? Yeah. That's how I feel about them. I can tell he and I will be buddies. Plus, he approves of me being in their wedding. Whew. I was worried about that one. ;)

Em, Lizzie, and Garrett came down from Arlington and the party just wouldn't have been complete without them. They made a fantastic sangria which I pretended to be drunk on. Can I get an AMEN?

Lee-lee and her friends were here, too, and they were the only ones who brought noisemakers and party hats. They were cool and obviously we were not. :)

Confidential to RWW & Cap'n Bravo: We greatly enjoyed talking with you guys!! Now if only we could make that road trip actually happen. . .


The hostesses with the mostest. . .es? Um, right.

Lee-lee (center) and friends--see how they were cooler than us? They look like they know it, too. :)

Trish and Rich. . .and Sandwich's head.

Here I am at midnight, following a tirade about men. "So I was at this bar, right?" Hopefully my readers know I'm joking. Oooh, for that matter, I hope my guests knew that, too. :)

Happy New Year to all! May 2006 be full of hope and blessed surprises!

'Cause I got nothing of my own to give to you

But this light that shines on me shines on you

And makes everything beautiful again.

~DC


7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It seems you and I had the same idea concerning the bottle of champagne.

I wish I was kidding.

Ano Nuevo Bueno, Mi amiga!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous lizzie said...

AMEN! I had a great time Laurain and I'll send you those pictures once I get them off my camera. Which of course, I haven't done yet. :)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Rob West said...

Capn,

Oy, here's a nitpicky but significant little grammar thing. When typing the Spanish word año, the little thingy over the N is vital. The spanish word "ano" means anus.

But then, is that a bad thing? Why not wish Laurey a happy new anus? To do otherwise might be unfriendly.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

And who is to say I wasn't wishing her a brand spanking new and happy anus?

2:11 PM  
Blogger Rob West said...

You sure do know how to make a girl feel special.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Rob West said...

I think we all already knew this, but I haven't said it in a while, so:

Anal bleaching cream? That's a damn thing.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm still flabbergasted about that bleaching cream. I wonder how the heck you found it, but then again, you keep that mystery to yourself--it's funnier that way.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home