Tuesday, January 03, 2006

And Now, Without Further Adieu. . .

I present to you: my white elephant gift from the Mayor hisself!

This lovely traffic cone greeted me on my doorstep one day a few weeks back. A UPS label was slapped on the side, addressed to the one and only: Laurey-Baby. Hey, that's me!

The cone has made its home as the centerpiece on our back porch. We spend a lot of time out here (in fact, Mayor, oftentimes I'm talking to you while on this very porch), so it gets a lot of attention. Even Sandwich the cat stares out the window at its majesty. :)

I'm sure you're all happy to see that the reflective stripes are still alive and kickin'. Obviously they weren't sacrificed during the trek from NC to Texas in who-knows-how-many UPS trucks. I wish I could've followed the cone around on its trip; for you see, it wasn't boxed or contained in any way--it was just a traffic cone travelling on its own. What you see is what I got. :)

Needless to say, I love my gift. Thank you, dear Robby. Seems our white elephant exchange was quite the hit, friends! Here's to more fun times in the future.

****

Today was spent running some errands with Court and Leah and--the best part--laying on a blanket in Zilker Park. . . reading a little, but mostly just laying there. . .giggling. . .thinking. We did entertain ourselves a bit by burning holes in cotton candy with Court's cigarettes. Those cigs go right through without any effort! Quite fun. ha ha

Back to work tomorrow. . .my break flew by so fast! I guess that's how breaks go, though.

Until next time. . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob West said...

Man, she's a purty one... and the cone's not bad lookin either!

I've always wanted to try that. Glad it went over well. It seems like just yesterday that gorgeous orange Adonis was sitting on the muddy bank of a construstion site on Country Clud Rd of what promises to be a VERY swingin..um.. credit union... Thanks as well to the good Capn whose aid was instrumental to the very risky capture and domestication of this wily and elusive urban specimen.

5:24 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

I just wanted everyone to know that I have been in the presence of greatness. I have seen the cone in all her glory (and I'm not referring to one of Madonna's boobs) and she is magnificent.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

And I'll have everyone know that I personally touched Luaren's cone. And it got me all muddy.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home