Monday, December 26, 2005

A Pirate for Christmas


Well, I'm back in the ATX after a lovely Christmas with the family. Tomorrow I'm off to Kerrville for the senior high gathering that I've helped plan (along with our darling Becky) for many months now. . .we're ready for it to happen! Say prayers that it goes well, but mostly that God works through the presenters, musicians, and leaders. Thanks. :)

I got a crock pot for Christmas! I was excited about that one--oh, the fun we will have with that! I'm already looking for new recipes. And I got lots of gift cards, too, which are always good. Candles, gloves, clothes. . .it was a nice Christmas. But of course, my favorite part was just being at home.

My high school friends and I always get together on Christmas night--we used to Kidnap Caroling, but now we just meet up and hang out. We had a surprise visitor this year. . .



Teddy came to hand out gifts for Festivus. I think some people were a bit freaked out by the pirate appearance, but those of us who know Teddy were lovin' it.

. . .especially me!

Besties from high school: Liz, Em, me, and Marissa

And now for some family pictures (b/c I'm obsessed with posting pics):

Me and Padre

Leah and I decided to call Mike (our stepdad) Father Christmas this year. . .or Padre Navidad, whichever we felt like at the time. We call our real dad all sorts of nicknames, so we thought Mike deserved one, too.

Off to pack and sleepy sleep! Have a great week--the New Year's party is comin' up and I'm puuumped!

Lately you've been contemplating,

"Is this real or is this fading?"

What brought you here in the first place?

~Mae

3 Comments:

Blogger trishy said...

Looks like a very fun Christmas! Richie and I can't wait to get there Friday.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

CUTE pictures! Glad you had a great one. You just called my cell phone, which I gave to Huw to keep in case he needed something while I was at work. We were chatting on MSN, and he said "Your mobile is making a noise"...and then he said you'd called. He was sad he missed you, or else he would have picked up.

I can't wait for y'all to meet!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Our pirate is finally out of the slammer, praise by to God! :-) I can't wait for your New Years Party, let's hope that yours is a little more tame than mine and the po-po are not called!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home