Friday, December 16, 2005

Friday

Why is it that I go shopping intending to buy for others and come home with clothes for myself? Yuck, Lauren. I swear I don't shop for myself a lot. In fact, I'm really good about it--I just get on these kicks where I do a ton of shopping, then don't for a while. I guess I'm on one of those kicks. Perfect timing, huh?

It was nice, though. Listened to Sigur Ros in the car the whole time--good stuff. I have no idea how to pronounce the band name, have no information on them (him?). . .I should look that up. I just have a CD that Nate-dawg burned for me. The music is chill and I'm most definitely a fan.

Middle School Christmas Party tonight at church. I'm sure I'll be laughing quite a bit. Thankfully, I have parents helping me out tonight. These rascals can get crazy when they're all together in one room.

This weekend is lookin' good so far--Court has decided we should take our new stuffed emperor penguins out on the town. (I bought three of them at Toy Joy a few nights ago with Becky--they're modeled after the penguins in March of the Penguins, and they are oh-so-cute. Leah, you'll have one waiting on your bed when you return!) I just might have a photo tour of their adventures posted soon. Not that anyone would care but me. . .but the ideas we have are pretty dang funny (again, probably only to me).

Have fun, friends.


P.S. to Lee-lee: I'm going to be a tattle-tale (what else is new?) and tell you that Court drank one of your Capri Suns and said, " Leah's not here to be Capri Nazi!" Then she laughed her evil laugh. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I can't believe you bought penguins...that's hilarious. Is that my Christmas present?

Purrcy and Ginger-Bittles have out-cuted Sandwich and Simon five fold since I've been home. Just more proof that your cat is LAME.

And tell Court hands off my capris suns!!!!! : (

2:30 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

no, you don't get a present from me, remember? I didn't draw your name. And you know I'll never ever finish knitting that scarf. Well, maybe when you're like 20. :( But aren't I the best sister for buying you something even when I don't have to?

Simon rules! And Janezypoppers beats 'em all, I'm afraid. . .according to someone we know.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Which album? ()? If so, the final song on that album gives me chills no matter how many times I listen to it. It's so emotional. I saw a live performance of that song and the lead singer started crying in the middle of it.

Their name is pronounced "see oor roce". I absolutely adore them. I heard they were planning on doing something with Radiohead but I haven't see anything materialize. A real shame that is.

Oh, and don't feel bad about buying "gifts" for yourself. While I know I'm getting mostly CDs and DVDs for Christmas, I went out last week and bought like four new CDs while shopping for my dad. And tomorrow who knows what I'll buy for myself while me and my mother go shopping.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yes, the () album is what I have! I haven't even gotten to the last song--I keep repeating track 4 over and over. . .I love it. Thanks for the pronunciation help. I need to do more research on them.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

I think it's a known rule that you don't buy anything for yourself from like, Nov.28-Dec.25th in our family b/c someone might have gotten that exact thing for you. However, I do go overboard buying OTHER people presents. SIGH.

And *I* care about the penguie adventures. Post pics!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home