Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Yay for Birthday Parties!

After a lovely dinner at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my b-day, some of the girls and I went out to Sixth Street. We went to Exodus, an 18-and-up club (so Lee-lee could come with us) and it was empty when we got there. Empty. Plus, they were playing 80s music. I was excited, anyway, because I just pretended that we rented out the whole club for my birthday. :) After we talked to the DJ and requested booty music, crazy fun ensued. And more people showed up, including some people who kept us out til the bar closed! :) Here are some pics to commemorate the evening. I love my friends.


The group @ Cheesecake Factory. Court looks pissed off--lol. I was intent on ordering "at least 5 cheesecakes, guys." Em wisely convinced me that three would be plenty. So I ordered three different forms of chocolately cheesecakes. What can I say--I'm a chocoholic.


"Paige, I'm so glad you came to my birthday party. You really do love me, don't you?"


Leah, me, and Em on one of the cows by Amy's Ice Cream. You should've seen how ridiculous we looked gettting on that thing.


Yes, Court and I danced on the stage. No, I only had one beer. The bartender joked with Em, "No more drinks for her (meaning me). She's drunk." Em tried to explain that this is how I am, um, all the time. But whatever. My goal is to make my friends (and, subsequently, myself) laugh. And I definitely succeeded last night.

*******

Shout-out to Em:

I always have the best time with you. I know I always say this, but your visits are so very fun. Thanks, girl, for everything. You made this birthday very memorable. Best friends. . .since sixth grade, for forever.

God can do anything, you know--far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!

~Ephesians 3:20 The Message

7 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I Love you Laurain! I had the best time with you and the girls, and enjoyed witnessing a historic event(ahem 'talking' to Matt)... What a night...what a night...

7:44 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Happy Birthday (from a random blogger)!

8:09 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Sounds like y'all had a blast!! Enjoy 24! (I didn't know, by the way, that I was more than a year older than you!!)

7:13 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

Glad you had a great birthday my dear! See you tomorrow.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

Wow, looks like you had quite a fun time! Happy Birthday, Lauren, you deserve the best!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Rob West said...

Way to 24 it up, Laurey baby!

w00t!

I mean

w00t!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Tim said...

Hey you! It was cool to accidently meet you at the YS convention. I've subscribed to your atom feed, so I'll keep up with your blog and will look forward to talking with you again sometime soon. :-)

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home