Sunday, November 06, 2005

She's Back!


Guatemala was amazing. God was and is still speaking to my heart about who I am now that I have had this experience to tuck into my heart. More stories (and pictures!) to come as I try to sort through the many thoughts and feelings over the next few days/weeks/however long it takes. Even as I sit here at the computer, I think of my new brothers and sisters so far away, and wonder if they will ever know how they have touched my life. . .

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts, my friends. And for the comments. What wonderful friends I have! (Becky, your message was so sweet--I didn't get it til today, but it was great to hear your voice. :) Love ya lots.)

12 Comments:

Blogger Me Over Here said...

So glad you're back! Can't wait to hear more, we've missed you (I feel safe speaking for everyone here!)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Rob West said...

Laurie-baby,

I, Robert William "Mayor McMoonUnit" "Wubbie" "Ass Panda" West I, of the Winston-Salem Wubbies, am glad that you are back. Not that it's about me.

Also that you're not dead. Congrats on overcoming that hurdle.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

oh but Rob, it's always about you! :) it's nice to be alive, i must say.

I've missed you guys, too. I honestly thought about y'all while there. How strange to have such a family online that you've never even met. . .

cute new pic, mo!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Rob West said...

I'm curious, what does the brackets-"a"'brackets html tag do?

Let's see:
Flapjack

9:04 AM  
Blogger Rob West said...

Huh, Makes text underlined and blue.

What the hell is the point of that?

Except maybe

WELCOME HOME LAUREN. wOOt HOLLER wOOt.

Yeah, that's cool.

9:06 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

Glad you're back Lauren! Missed you...gosh...I'm seeing you next week! Welcome home and can't wait to hear your stories!

9:09 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Glad you're back!! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip. It sounds like it was amazing.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Rob, you crack me up.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Lauren my Love...

I'm so glad that you're back in town. I've missed out time at *bux.

I'm glad you had an awesome time and I can't wait to hear all about it. See you later.

Becky

4:25 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hola Lorena, mi mejor amiga! Como te fue? I'm soooo glad you are back! I hope adjusting back to "normal" life isn't too hard; you're gaining back modern "necessities" yet leaving behind a priceless experience... Can't wait to hear your reflections!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

Someon has a birrrrfday coming up?

8:52 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hmmm...you've been back for 5 days and you still haven't written about your trip (in detail) We're all waiting on pins and needles!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home