Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Overdue

Another shot for Guatemala. Another $120 for a milliliter of Hepatitis B pumped into my arm. I sure hope this trip is worth it. . .

And now, for your viewing pleasure (and since I haven't done it yet), I've decided to post more pictures from Becca's wedding. Plus, my mind is incredibly tired tonight and I'm too lazy to come up with something fun to write about. So here goes!




This is me and Beto at the rehearsal. We were paired to walk down the aisle together for obvious reasons--we're both short. He's a fun guy. Court nicknamed him Drug Lord. . .those glasses crack me up.

This is me and beautiful Becca before we walked down the aisle. I've noticed that both weddings I've been in, I've started crying at the same time--right before I walk down the aisle! It's like I choose this time to look back at the bride and remember the day we met, all that's happened since we've met, and marvel at the fact that I'm now in her wedding. Goodness, the tears were coming.

Throughout the rehearsal, Court was intentional about taking pictures of me where I looked dumb. She even came up to me afterwards bragging about her photography skills and how she kept laughing at me. Granted, Courtney and I can't be in the same room without distracting each other and laughing constantly. Anyway, in this picture, I'm scratching a dang mosquito bite (stupid Houston!). . .I am NOT checking the time as it may seem. :)

Can we say awesome shot? Of course, it took a couple of tries, but we managed.

********************

And now blogger won't upload any more photos for me. I'm sad. But at least we got some in. . .


9 Comments:

Blogger Rob West said...

What day is your birthday?

9:55 AM  
Blogger trishy said...

Lauren, I just saw that our friend Stacey Steger played at the Coffee Pot in San Marcos. Does that give you warm-fuzzies or what?

11:39 AM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

The only wedding I have every cried for was when my cousin got married this past March. Sure, it was because he was my favorite cousin, and I've seen him cry all of about ONCE in his life, so to see him cry when he saw his bride standing in front of him brought on my water-works big time...

But I cried mainly because of the fact that he was the last one, save me, to be married off. Geez, now the pressure's really on.

See people? Always ALL about me.

(Great pictures! And take care in Guatemala!!!)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

Oh, and P.S.--My friend Nicole said that one of your good friend, Emily, I think, is one of HER good friends. Small world, even outside of the blogging realm, eh?

12:57 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

MOH, ohhhh yes, i heard from Em that Nicole is your friend! how random! And cool, too. :) I've hung out with Nicole a few times, actually.

Yes, when a groom cries at the sight of his bride, I'm a mess. I haven't had the "last one left" situation quite yet. . .although among my college friends, it seems like that might be the case for me. But really, I think it's kinda fun b/c it'll be extra special when Lauren "finally gets married!" ha ha

Robby Rob, my b-day is November 12th.

Trish, I know, Stacey plays a lot in San Marcos AND Austin. . .I've been meaning to to see her sometime. Ahhh, the coffee pot. Good times.

LOL, the word verification right now spells, "ezlut."

2:09 PM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

Lauren--Holy Cow! Nic's birthday is on Nov. 9th and we're going to be in Austin on YOUR birthday to celebrate hers! You should come out and meet up with us, that would be really fun (if you're not already doing something else for your birthday)!!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

ahhhh, too bad my ENTIRE month of November is totally booked solid with church stuff. . .otherwise, I'd TOTALLY join you guys. :( On my birthday, I'll be at a junior high retreat. . .surrounded by adolescent hormones! :) It'll be fun, though. Thanks for the invite. I'd love to hang out with you sometime--and we totally should since we're not far from each other. :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

Definitely, sometime when you've got some free time. Well, have a super happy birthday, and we'll be thinking of ya when we're out on 6th!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home