Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Coupla Things

Some insights from today:

1) Court and I were watching The Wedding Planner on TV and I realized that the couple who's about to get married at the end, but doesn't (Matthew McConaughey and the really pretty girl) is a really good example of my last serious relationship. That boy and I would've analyzed our own wedding had we made it that far. :) And in the movie, there's really no tangible or perfectly explainable reason for the end of their relationship. . .it just wasn't gonna work anymore. Their last look at each other is endearing and it's obvious that there is a lot of something there. . .some form of love, perhaps? Maybe just a lot of history and understanding. Regardless, watching their goodbye made a lot of sense to me. And of course I love pondering the many forms of love, and Hollywood actually captured something real in that depiction, I think.

2) I'm glad we're leaving on a Thursday for Guatemala because that meant I was at church tonight. There's nothing like getting tons of hugs and encouragement when you're anxious/nervous about something. The best hug of all came from one of my favorite people, Merle Franke. He's 81 years old, our interim pastor, energetic as ever, and has a spirit that just stays with you. I kinda cry after every time I talk with him--you know how your eyes tear up when something moves you? Yep, that's how it is. (Yes, I'm an emotional girl--deal with it.) :) I do believe that when this man dies, the world will be a bit sadder. He's one of those people you feel lucky to have known, even if only for a short time. Anyway, I had missed him when I left the office earlier, so I was glad to run into him this evening as I was leaving and get a "grandpa" hug and some words of blessing--just what I needed.

3) I heard some great old school songs today on the radio: Prodigy, Breathe and Cypress Hill, Insane in the Membrane. *sigh* Awesome. Flashbacks to high school rock. :)

Okay, time to finish packing and get some sleepy-sleep. Love to all. And PEACE.




It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
~Jiddu Krishnamurti

7 Comments:

Blogger trishy said...

Lauren, my dear, you are probably on your way to Guatemala, but I wanted to wish you a wonderful trip and many blessings on your journey!

As for the reference to The Wedding Planner, I think that's a great way of looking at it and I'll be so excited when you instead meet the guy who won't be able to take his eyes off you on that day!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Rob West said...

Even if we all go somewhere, we'll all still be here when you get back!

8:13 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Lauren, hope you have a great time in Guatemala. I'll be praying for you and those whom you touch on your trip!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Me Over Here said...

Lauren! I hope you get a chance to post from G-town. If not, like Rob said, we'll all be here when you get back, eager to hear (ahem, read) tales about your adventures. Take care, God bless, and be safe!!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

I hadn’t thought about it in such a long time, but there are so many different kinds of love, thank *you* for the thought seed :o)

And have a safe trip.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Lauren, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself for these 10 days.
I had to go to Starbucks with Kyle yesterday, it was fun, but it just wasn't the same. I like going with you more because we can talk about boys...I mean, REALLY talk about boys.
We'll get together as soon as we can.
Have an awesome time. I'll be praying for you!
-Much Love

1:56 PM  
Blogger Rob West said...

WE'RE GOIN ON A ROAD TRIP WHEN YOU GETS BACK!!!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home