Friday, September 16, 2005

Oblivious

Ew. Lock-ins. Why are they so unavoidable in youth ministry? It seems like right after we have one, the kids are already asking for the date of the next one. And I do it for them because, well, I love them and I remember how I used to love lock-ins as a teenager, too. But man. Do you know how hard it is to find sponsors for these things? Even people my age are like, "no way." It really screws up your body's routine. I'm sometimes still feeling the effects of a lock-in weeks after it occurred. But I guess I have it better than some. Tonight's only my third lock-in in a year and a half. Once every six months ain't that bad. I just really don't look forward to them. . .

Leah and I watched Monster-in-Law last night. . .I highly recommend it! Very cute. Very funny. We also rented Finding Neverland, which I'm looking forward to watching. I've heard it's made a lot of people cry, so of course it's already on my "must see" list. :)

Stay cool.






Difficult not to feel a little bit
Disappointed and passed over
When I've looked right through
. . .And you don't see me
~A Perfect Circle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home