Wednesday, September 28, 2005

All This for Guatemala

My arms are ridiculously sore.

No, it's not because I've been working out. I've never felt this sore from working out. No, my friends, my arms are sore because I had needles poked into them yesterday which administered vaccinations to my muscles. I had a typhoid shot and a hepatitis shot. So not just one arm is sore, but both. It was hard to turn my steering wheel and even to type last night. For most of the evening, my arms hung limp at my side while my sister laughed and helped me pick up objects and do tasks that are normally easy when your arms don't feel as if you pumped iron all day. And don't even get me started on sleeping. I couldn't even roll over without wincing in pain. Ridiculous.

And to top it all off, I paid $200 for these shots and the medication I have to take for my trip. I leave for Guatemala on October 27th. . .and while I am excited about the trip, I'm beginning to get a bit frustrated with the amount of money I've invested into it already. I haven't even gotten on the plane yet and the trip has already cost me $1000. Wow. All I can say is: Don't expect souvenirs. :)

Yeah, right. I'll be buying crosses and blankets left and right at the market. May as well enjoy it while you can, right? Still, I honestly don't see how people travel so much and so often. It's super expensive. But it's worth it. I intend to travel as much as I can in my life, so I guess I'd better get used to it.

In other news, today is Leah's 18th birthday! It's crazy that my little sister is 18. Wow.


Stay cool.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:01 PM  
Blogger InHisGlory said...

Wow that's insane!!! I know about the pain though...a few months ago, I burned myself with boiling water...1st and 2nd degree burns...I had to go to the ER and they gave me a tetnis shot...didn't hurt when they gave me the shot, but about an hour afterwards...you bet it hurt!!! And sleeping was quite the trick...I can't imagine having both arms in pain! But I'm sure you will have a BLAST in Guatemala so it will be worth it in the end :) Oh and as long as there are at least pictures, don't worry about the souvenirs! :)

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home