Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Addicted!

Oh goodness, this job can take a toll on me sometimes. I feel like I have such huge amounts of work to do! Maybe it's the fact that Beth Marie is gone now (thus I am teaching confirmation rather than just showing up and listening--and I prefer to teach, anyway, it's something I love to do. . .but it takes a lot of prep). Maybe it's the fact that things keep popping up that I had no idea I was responsible for until the day before it happens (slight exaggeration, but it's still annoying). Or maybe, just maybe, I've become so hooked to the internet and all the fun networking sites that I'm spending too much time on them?! Me? No way. I always thought it was so silly. I know some old friends could vouch for that (TD!). But. . .but. . .but. . .I think I'm going to have to make a rule for myself that I'm only on for a certain amount of time each day. That's my new goal. Haven't figured out how much time I'll allow myself yet, but I will commit to it. Or at least try. Because I've been going to bed later than normal (excuse: "I just want to search for one more person on MySpace!" LOL); I've been pushing the paperwork tasks at work aside for later, many times never getting to them (excuse: "oooh, that person looks interesting, let's just look at his profile for a minute. . ."); I've noticed cramps in my fingers from all the typing I've been doing. Okay, that last one wasn't real. But the internet is addicting for sure. Maybe it's this different part of life (post-college) that draws me to the connections I can make online. Who knows. But I won't let it get the best of me. While it is indeed quite fun, I will be smart and responsible about it.


That's the plan. Yeah. :)

And here I am, blogging about it. . .





Come back and look for me,
look for me when I am lost
~Coldplay

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

oooh girl...i feel you on this one. internet can sometimes be VERY addicting. but we're smart girls, right? although i need to slow down on all this out of state stuff. way to be strong and put on a limit on your time...i'm still working on that :)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home