Monday, July 11, 2005

Nice

Mission trip weekend was just what I needed. . .funny how God surprises me like that. It was crazy how much REST I got on the trip--I took a 3 hour nap on Saturday afternoon! We relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. . .we worked, too, of course, but it's an interesting situation down there and so hot that we only work for a few hours in the morning and then take a siesta. No complaints here! :)

I just took my car in to get it fixed from the break-in. And it's gonna be over $500 (my insurance deductible is $500--plus, I rented a car for two days). And of course, now that I've already signed the papers, I realized that I should have waited until next week when my sister's down here so that I wouldn't have had to rent a car--I could've just used her car! Ugh. Don't you hate it when you come up with a perfect plan after the fact? Plus, moving this weekend is going to incur some extra costs, I'm sure, but at least Mom will be around. I will be extremely grateful to her this weekend, I'm sure!

Went to SA last night to have dinner with Court and Clinton. Interesting conversations about women in ministry. . .had me a bit frustrated, but Clinton's like a brother to me and I can't really be mad at him. At least he argues well and listens to my thoughts. It's going to be hard, though, going into ordained ministry, because there are definitely people out there who believe that it's not my place as a woman. Hmmm. And those of you who know me know that I'm definitely not a super liberal feminist, so I'm not used to arguing with people about women's rights. All I know is that it's not about me being a woman, it's about me feeling peace with where God is leading me. And I certainly have tried to dodge seminary my whole life. But I can't shake it anymore. I feel it is where I must be. And I'm sad that I might never be recognized as a 'real' pastor by some denominations. . .that's depressing. . .but that's not what it's about anyway.

Dad and Leah just called from the beaches of Puerto Rico. . .gag me. :) I'm jealous, but oh, well. I think I'll climb back into my bed soon for a nap.



On a platform I'm gonna stand and say
That I'm nothing on my own
~Coldplay

3 Comments:

Blogger zapp314 said...

Screw that, when has Jesus ever said that women cannot preach. I highly doubt that God cares what the sex is of the person who is preaching and living the word of God??? It is sad that you will have to deal with people who think that the only job women should have is in the house but you know what that is why I don't waste my breathe with people that think like that. You would think that our society has evolved enough to weed people that think like this out.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Sarah L. said...

Hey, you've always been a minister as long as I've known you... ordained or not. I'm proud that you're sticking to your guns, as a woman, as a Lutheran. While there will always be people who don't understand and don't accept it, there will also be people who are amazed and proud to know you because of it!

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I never said you'd be able to borrow my car...

haha

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home