Tuesday, July 05, 2005

It's Raining Raccoons!

Oh my goodness, A RACCOON FELL INTO MY APARTMENT THRU THE CEILING last night. I am not kidding. It was in one of my closets and I moved furniture in front of the door to keep it from getting out. My manager better take care of that because I was FREAKING OUT at 5 am this morning. And I know my little "visitors" are raccoons b/c I saw a huge one out on my balcony this morning after the crash of one falling into my closet. This is utterly ridiculous and super scary. I'm scared to go back into my apartment!! Aaah! It's kinda humorous, too, though. I mean, how many times does this happen? What a story. But in the wee hours of the morning when you're jolted awake by a huge crash of falling ceiling debris and raccoons. . .yeah. . .it's FREAKIN' SCARY!!

So anyway.

I absolutely love fireworks shows. I've decided that they're one of my favorite things to watch. Last night at Zilker, it was so fun to sit among a crowd of people and "ooh" and "aah" at the displays of color in the sky. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Dustin said...

Thats funny, you should give it some food and water so it doesnt die.......

the trick is to open the door and slide the stuff in before the racoon eats your fingers....

11:30 AM  
Blogger zapp314 said...

Sounds like you have new pets...but I don't think these critters would want to cuddle with you like Simon.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. When I heard about that, I was like "Dude, Lauren can't even handle MOTHS, I bet she cried!"

Okay sissy I'll talk to you later. love you!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Well, so much for my last comment about it only being in you walls and not wanting to share your whole room. Good luck. You never know, maybe you could tame it and keep it...lol...

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home