Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Keep It Loose. . .

Amos Lee rocks. Thanks for the recommendation, TD.

VBS this week @ church. I'm on the drama crew. LOL I was asked to help out at the last minute and the skits are so corny, but they make the little kids laugh and that's what's important, right? :)

Good week so far. Oh, except that I didn't get the house I wanted. Stupid other people got it. ha ha It really makes me sad because this house was so dang cute, people. :( But I guess there's bound to be somewhere else for Lorena to live. . .

I'm enjoying free time after work--looking at houses, buying wedding gifts for friends, and of course buying things for myself along the way. ;) It's actually a semi-slow week at work. . .people tend to think that youth ministry slows down in the summer when nothing could be further from the truth. So I relish the weeks that I can actually be in my office and then go home afterwards like normal. This job is sooooo not normal. . .but that's what makes it fun in its own way.

My candidacy application is not getting done and my goal was to have it done by the end of this month!! I need to take time to do it. But writing an essay on your faith life and who has influenced you and what your spirituality looks like right now is kinda hard to do in spurts. It's something you've got to commit at least one or two entire evenings to. I know I'll feel much better once I have it done. . .not to mention that I'll be much further along on my seminary journey! Right now, I'm thinking about either Luther Seminary or staying here in Austin at LSPS. Anyone have any comments or suggestions as to where I should head next fall?

I just read my sister's blog and she wrote that one of my dad's new baby ducklings drowned in the pool. Seriously, my eyes teared up when I read that. :(

It's funny how much I miss people I work with when they're away on trips, etc. Trixi just got back from Germany and Beth Marie just returned from Rome. I was so very happy to give them hugs this morning! Trixi even gave me a kiss on the cheek. Sweet.

I'm out. Have a good one!





But sometimes we forget who we got
Who they are and who they are not
There is so much more in love than black and white

~Amos Lee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home