Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It's Wednesday

Here's a rundown of what Lauren's been up to this week:
1) Bought $60 worth of clothes last night while shopping with Becky. Horrible. But summer clothes (especially when one is heading to Key West in a month) are irresistible sometimes. And plus, people give me a hard time about shopping, but if you've ever actually shopped with me, you'll know that I'm really careful with my money. Ask Becky. She's tried to talk me into things before. Ask Miriam. So has she. So there. I really AM good with my money. :)
2) Finished my candidacy essay and had two people read it. I'm sending it off tomorrow or Friday, I think. Oh my gosh, this is going to be for real once it's in the mail. . .
3) Spent the day at Camp Chrysalis today. I have some LYLEs there this week and I wanted to surprise them. Becky came along, which I'm grateful for because it was way more fun than if I'd gone alone. Plus, Whitney's there this week and it was awesome to give her a hug on her birthday!
4) Applied for yet another house and am still awaiting a response.
5) Hiked with my kids in preparation for backpacking (in 3 weeks!!).
6) Bowled with my kids (and beat EVERYONE. . .with a whopping score of 121.) :)
7) Started to clean out my office with Anna (who, by the way, is a super fun new friend of mine who's here for the summer) and found all these youth ministry books from the 70s with pictures that are absolutely hilarious. I'm going to make a collage of the funniest ones.
8) Thought.
9) Missed.
10) Laughed.

I'm heading home to the other A-town tomorrow afternoon. I'm soooo ready. This will be the only weekend I'm free for a while. . .crazy and already tiring just to think about.

Peace!




Maybe you're the same as me;
we see things they'll never see.
~oasis

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sissy, i am really excited about you coming home tomorrow. i don't know why, because after you are here for about five minutes you might start to nag and i will begin to start hating you again. but anyways, i hope you have a safe trip tomorrow. : )

6:49 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

yeah, i'll annoy you on purpose now. ;)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I had an awesome time getting to hang out with you for two days in a row. That was good for us. Have a safe trip back home and I'll see you later.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Isn't discernment fun!? :)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home