Saturday, May 07, 2005

Yesterday I went tubing and it was SUCH a beautiful day! Probably one of my favorite tubing trips ever.

After the wonderful afternoon, I went to Stefanie's musical with Janie. That was fun. It brought back memories of my high school musicals and all the joking we did on stage that no one in the audience ever knew about. For that reason, I like to watch the actors in the background and wonder if they're being as silly as I used to be. Probably not, though, because they're actually practicing good acting skills, which would mean staying in character, right? :) And high school kids can be so talented! This one kid last night had an amazing voice. I forget how capable they are, even though my work is all about that age level. I guess I see my kids in a different light, though, and not on a daily basis. I know that high schoolers can articulate their faith exceptionally. . .I just forget how gifted they are in school and other venues.

I'm headed to TLU's graduation later on tonight. I'm excited! Today has been a nice lazy day. I'm hoping to find some time this afternoon to work more on my candidacy application.

It hit me today how incredibly fast this spring has gone by! It's May, people. And before we know it, school will be starting up again in the fall. It's funny--a big part of my job happens in the summer, when teachers and other school workers have less to do. I have several teacher friends who are definitely counting down the days til school is out. This summer, I have tons going on. Summer camp, Vacation Bible School, Colorado backpacking trip, Eagle Pass trip. . .crazy. And I also have some fun non-work-related trips coming up, too. I'm going to Key West with Becky in August for a wedding. And I'm hoping to see my camp friends for a bit, too, at some point. I'm sure the summer will fly by, as it usually does. Seems like I always wish for it to fly by. . .maybe because the summer always feels like some sort of transition for me. In college, I both loved and hated summers: I loved the experiences I had in new places and with new people, yet hated the fact that for 3 months, I was away from really important people in my life. Through those experiences, I realized that I'm most comfortable when I'm near my family and friends. But I never would've made other friends if I hadn't worked at camp, etc. So all in all, it was good for me to get away. Even last summer was weird because my friends had just graduated from college and it was uncertain exactly how our friendships would remain in tact. But they have and I'm thankful for them.

Alright, I'm out.



Wow, this is cool:
We sometimes congratulate ourselves at the moment of waking from a troubled dream. . .it may be so at the moment of death.
~Nathaniel Hawthorne

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I'm a little jealous that you got to go to TLU's graduation. I would have if I didn't have to be at work. N*E*ways...we'll catch up soon. Love Ya.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.butterfly.fly, fly, fly:)

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home