Monday, May 02, 2005

More Random Thoughts

I have never been good at guessing things like weight or height or numbers of people. Sometimes people will ask me, "How many people were there [at a certain event]?" and I'm like, "Why does it matter?" And one of my kids in the youth group came up to me and asked, "How much do you think I weigh?" and I was like, "Why does it matter?" ha ha I just don't have a knack for that type of stuff. I can, however, guess what time it is without a watch. My proficiency in this area is pretty consistent.

I used to be really good at memorizing phone numbers; that is, until the advent of cell phones and those handy little electronic phone books they contain. I think I got that from my mom. She and my sister can tell you practically anyone's birthday. . .or anniversary. . .or death. . .or the day you made them really mad. . .ha ha just kidding (maybe?)
It's really cool, though. Sometimes Dad and I will ask them questions just to marvel at the way their brains can recall not only a date but also what day it was. Like, we can say, "What day was your birthday on in 1985?" or "What day was April 3rd in 2002?" and they usually know it. Weird, huh?

I was real antsy during BSF tonight. I couldn't calm down; my mind was racing. That's pretty annoying. I think it's a yoga night tonight. :)

I'm excited--Taryn's coming in this week and I have two tubing trips at the end of the week!! Hope the water's warm and the sun is out!

And I'm spending some good girl time with Becky tomorrow night at her place. Awesome.

Okay, off to do the work I brought home. . .have a good one!




I'll leave you with some lyrics from one of my favorite songs:
A warning sign
I missed the good part then I realized
I started looking and the bubble burst
I started looking for excuses
Come on in
I've got to tell you what a state I'm in
I've got to tell you in my loudest tones
That I started looking for a warning sign
~Coldplay


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home