Thursday, April 14, 2005

Go

Well the last couple of posts have been pretty depressing, I must say! But that's life--ups and downs and weird feelings and "right" feelings. . .I'm glad that the funk wears off eventually.

Anyway, I'm on the upside of things now. Becky and I just hung out tonight and it's always fun to hang with her. We had planned to go to a happy hour thing. . .but we got stuck at Old Navy (I didn't buy anything--I'm so proud!) and then decided to eat out instead. We went to Hula Hut. Yes! And all the places on the lake were so crowded. It was crazy. After dinner, we were wanting to hear Rodger Wilko because (why else?) we think the lead singer is pretty hot. :) But when we finally found the bar, they were finished playing and we felt like total nerds. It was like a hidden bar. Seriously, it was kinda weird. So what did we end up doing? Driving around! We're idiots, but it was fun to listen to hip-hop in the car and laugh about what dorks we are. We've found another reason why we miss college: it seemed like, in college, there were always people to call to hang out with. . .when you live in a community like that, you're never really "alone". . .at least, for the most part. But now, it's like it's just me and Becky, or me and whoever else. . .and we don't have a "group" here. I wish I had a group of guys and girls I could hang out with. That's what I miss. And of course I DO have my group. . .but they're all scattered now and probably always will be. Sad.

I'm headed to Houston tomorrow to see Beckers, Trish, and Lindsey! Miriam and I are driving down together, which will be fun. I'm excited to see my Houston friends--I don't get to Houston nearly as often as I'd like to. This weekend's task at hand: bridesmaid dresses for Becca's wedding! Crazy crazy.

Alright, I'm out. Have a great weekend. Oh, and if you haven't already, check out Friendster: Becky's definitely getting some action on there, so I recommend it if you're single and looking! :) Although I haven't received any messages from guys. . .go figure! But hey, give it a shot. If my dad's on it, it's gotta be cool, right? :)





Slow down everyone
You're moving too fast
~Jack

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

..good for Becky! no action here:(

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home