Sunday, April 24, 2005

Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!

My goodness, YOUTH SUNDAY rocked--thanks to the awesome youth of SOTH!!!! I'm so proud of them. And the coolest part of it, I think, was the fact that it was very real. I got so many compliments on the authenticity of the kids sharing their faith in real life. They dug deep into issues that we all struggle with--stress, relationships, life with parents, etc.--and though they couldn't necessarily answer the questions they raised, they were able to see and explain how God abides in and through it all. It was inspiring. God has me where I am for a reason. . .at times like these, it's very clear as to why.

I had a fun weekend. I spent the night with Court on Thursday night and on Friday we went swimming in the pool of a random apartment complex. Court's friend's sister lives there, so we had the right to swim there, didn't we? ;) It was fun. And I bought a cute black swimsuit (I know, I know, spending more money isn't good. . .but every girl needs a cute black swimsuit, just like she needs a cute black dress, cute black shoes, cute black pants. . .the list goes on. . .). Then yesterday Martha got married to Matthew and that was way fun, too. I saw some friends from TLU and hung out with Miriam and Scott. The margarita I had was pretty dang strong, too. I told Trey I'm going to become the notorious single girl who gets drunk at friends' weddings, grabs the mic, and goes off on how horrible men are. Can't you just see it now? Beware, men everywhere! ha ha ;) Yeah, right, I can't picture myself doing that. So maybe that's why it's so funny to me.

Okay, time for a quick nap before the parents' dinner tonight! I'm exhausted.

Later.



a verse from one of our Youth Sunday hymns that struck me:
In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in his bosom that transfigures you and me.
As he died to make men holy, let us live to make men free,
While God is marching on.
Glory, glory, Hallelujah!
~Battle Hymn of the Republic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home