Thursday, March 31, 2005

Take a Look Around

Ohhh, today was prom dress shopping. Not for me, of course, although I have joked around about going as someone's date and pretending to be a high school student. But no, this afternoon/evening of shopping was for Miss Shannon. Jane and I went with her, and boy, was it a fun time!! There's a picture of the three of us above.

Several of the stores we went to had me so shocked at the prices of clothes. Now yes, I have been to expensive stores like this before, but every time I'm there I'm annoyed by how much they charge for a simple skirt that one could just as easily find at Target (at least a close rendition of) for TONS cheaper. But whatever. It makes me sad that people spend so much on clothes. . .look at what else is happening in this world, people! Take a look around. The $200 you spend for that tank top could feed some hungry children.

On a different note. . .another weekend of social engagements awaits me: I have two parties (count that, two) that I'm expected to at least show up for part of tomorrow night. . .then on Saturday afternoon is John and Marcy's wedding shower. On Sunday, Jason from TLU is heading to our church to be a storyteller, and he invited me to lunch with him after church. And Em's coming on Sunday night to spend the night--she and I, along with Dana, Becky, and Audrey are going out on the town Sunday night after youth group. So I'm a busy girl! What can I say, it ain't easy being so dang cool. ;) Although as much fun as it is, many of you know that I'm a huge fan of my down time, so I hope I get some this weekend!

Goodnight, all.



It is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top.
~Virginia Woolf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home