Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Only We Know

Oh my gosh, my sister's latest blog entry made me cry. (Access the link from my blogroll--Call It In The Air is hers.) She writes about how she's beginning to realize the things she'll miss about home and I'm sad for her. I remember thinking the same things--for me, I knew I'd miss dinner every night with the whole family around the table. . .I probably ate thousands (okay, maybe hundreds? I have no idea) of dinners with my family and yet I never once realized how it would feel to NOT eat with them and talk about normal everyday stuff. I never once really took into account the fact that someday I would leave not only the house, but the dinner table, too. And now I've been gone from that dinner table for 5+ years and it brings tears to my eyes. We grew up around that dinner table, we laughed at stupid things, fought with each other, made our parents angry as ever. . .it's crazy that we don't think about these things until they're gone. *sigh* It just goes along with the whole growing up thing. It's dumb. I don't think I'm a fan of it. I will never be 7 years old again, listening to my sister tell me I should give my first-grade boyfriend a dinner roll as a gift. lol, that still makes me giggle. I will never be 12 again, sitting on the bleachers at my brother's baseball games with nothing more important to do than make friendship bracelets with my friends. I will never be 15 again, making movies with Em at Dad's house while he and my siblings do silly stuff in the background. (As annoying as my family's antics were to me and Em, I will always treasure those videos.) I will never be 18 again, taking my last family vacations.

This is life and it flies by. Someday I will have kids in the car on family vacations--it's a cycle that never ends on this earth.

On a different note, I had a great conversation with Sam tonight (our seminarian at church--we refer to him with the original title of "Sam the Seminarian") about seminary/the candidacy process/etc. He's very wise. Glad I got to chat with him.




This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know?
~Keane

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

.."I don't want to hear any more "brrrrrup", bodily noises!"

^^
(..) \
( )| love, janezypop:)

p.s. check out my blog!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home