Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Ain't Nothin' To It

I just went to the Mean-Eyed Cat for Audrey's 23rd birthday. It's a pretty cool hole-in-the-wall type of place. And since I knew I wouldn't know anyone else there, I invited Becky to come along, which was so very fun! We were like, "Now why don't we hang out more often?" Our new plan is to work on that. :)

Alycia gave me a sweet cross today. . .it's hanging in my office and it's way cool. I love fun random presents! She said she saw it and thought of me. Awesome. I should buy more random gifts for people. We all should, guys. Just little things. Enough to show someone that we were thinking of him or her, you know? A way to say, "I think you're cool and I'm glad we're friends." Hmmm. . .I think I've made a new goal for myself.

Ooooh, my eye was just twitching.

Okay, so I've decided that I really don't mind beer that much. I've never been a beer girl. . .in fact, I've never been able to finish one. But the bar I was at tonight only serves beer, so I had a Dos Equis and it wasn't half bad. Becky was proud of me for drinking (almost) all of it. :) I still don't think I'll drink more than one, but at least I know I can get beers now--it's cheaper, anyway.

I tried to put a blogroll on this thing, but I can't figure out where to paste the html code in my template. . .can anyone help me? I tried putting it in the sidebar section and some other places, but it never worked. I'm dumb when it comes to the internet!

Random philosophical musing
I ran across this quote and I think it's really cool: Nearly all marriages, even happy ones, are mistakes: in the sense that almost certainly (in a more perfect world, or even with a little more care in this very imperfect one) both partners might be found more suitable mates. But the real soulmate is the one you are actually married to. ~J.R.R. Tolkien

My friend Martha is getting married soon and she's nervous and excited and feeling all sorts of emotions. . .I thought that quote was good.

Have a good one, friends! I'm out.




You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at.
~W.H. Auden, English poet

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Well, I had an awesome time last night as well. Dos Exes(?) are pretty awesome right.
and Lauren, your blogroll works.
Love you lots.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home