Sunday, February 27, 2005

YOU make me feel like new

I hung out with 3 great sixth grade girls this weekend @ Youth Quake. It was such an awesome event--I highly recommend it. Fabulous speaker, great bands. . .definitely touched my life, which I didn't expect going into it. Oh, the ways God surprises us. . .

One of the things that really stuck out to me was something the speaker said about heaven. He said that he firmly believes that when we get to heaven, all of our loved ones will be waiting in line (after Jesus, of course) to give us a huge hug and welcome us into heaven! When he said this, I started crying. I couldn't help it, I couldn't stop it, the tears just came. I had to get up and go to the bathroom, hide in a stall, and just cry. Imagine that! Imagine all the ones who love you and have preceded you in death just waiting to welcome you to your eternal home! It still makes me cry. What a joyous place. I can't wait.

I rented a couple of movies tonight: Radio and Lost in Translation. I have tomorrow off, so I want nothing more than to just chill out and watch a movie. Whenever I'm at video stores, I'm always reminded of movies I've seen in the past that affected me in different ways. Here are some of the ones that, without a doubt, make me cry every time I watch them:
*Raising Helen (a new favorite)
*Vanilla Sky
*Shawshank Redemption
*What Dreams May Come
*Simon Birch
*Serendipity
*You've Got Mail (I know, I'm a dork.)
*When Harry Met Sally (I know, again.)
*Monsters, Inc. (yes, even Pixar motion pictures require Kleenex)


Regarding other business, I need to work on my sermon! Apparently, Beth Marie gave a big plug for Wednesday night this morning in church. . .I hope people don't expect too much. . .I'm not getting any big theological revelations lately. . .but I trust that He will work as He usually does.


Alright, I'm out. Peace!



I like to chew my gum with God.
~Beth Gearhart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home