Tuesday, February 01, 2005

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

My Dad is such a nerd.

But you gotta love him. I mean, when your dad reads your blog (and posts comments on top of that), he must be super cool. . .

. . .or just really weird. . .HA HA

Either way, I love him a lot. :)

My family is very special. . .and by "special" I mean both interpretations--dear to the heart as well as quite different from other families I've had contact with. It always makes me miss living all together in one house whenever I call home and they're all chatting (or in my sister's case, yelling) in the background. :) Family is so important. Don't take it for granted. If I had to pick the one place where I feel absolutely comfortable and 100% "me," it would be with my family at home in Arlington. Without a doubt.

My family knows me in ways no one else does nor ever will. My Mom can tell by looking at me if something's bothering me inside, and my Dad can describe things about me that I never even realized were there. My siblings know my most annoying characteristics as well as, hopefully, some of my nicest qualities. And the coolest thing is that nothing can ever break that. My brother lives here in Austin and though I don't see him very often, it's still so nice to know he's here. And I know we can count on each other if we need each other. And sometimes I'll think of some silly joke from when we were kids and I'll call him or my other siblings just to have a quick laugh about it. No matter where we are in life, we'll still have the same jokes, the same memories, the same parents, the same childhood family traumas and joys. What a blessing family is!!

I would love to go back in time to a family vacation. . .just for a day. . .

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.
~Erma Bombeck

Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted.
~Paul Pearshall

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future. ~Gail Lumet Buckley

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.
~Joyce Brothers

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's a great guy alright! and the chicks really dig him:)
Those are great quotes. Love to tiny dancer:)

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home