Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Sound Off

Aaaaah! Return of the King is soooo good. I was, of course, bawling at the end. Just me and my kitty, sitting on my couch. . .yep, that's Lauren's version of a movie night. Simon's a fun Valentine, though! :)

Pastor Halvorsen is so affirming and such a blessing to me. I love her very very much. She teaches me a lot. Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to her.

I went to Austin High today to have lunch with Jackie and Kendra. It was so crazy to be at a high school again. Alycia and I had just talked about Mean Girls and our own experiences growing up in "girl world" and how real the pain can be. Girls are just mean sometimes. Anyway, the super short skirts (girls, come on now. . .and schools--whatever happened to that thing called a dress code??) were everywhere, as well as all-black outfits, food being tossed around, and cussing. Wow. It's been a while for me. And I just want everyone in high school to know: there is so much after this, so don't waste your time being someone you're not. The majority of your your years on this earth occur after high school. Be confident. Be you!! I'm proud of my youth group--most of them are totally secure in themselves. But regardless, the rules that govern high school society can eat away at anybody at some point.

Know that you are loved. Know that you are His.





Lately you've been contemplating.
Is this real or is this fading?
What brought you here in the first place?
~Mae

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on, sista!
tell em like tiz!
very true..listen up kids!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home