Monday, February 07, 2005

Something I Can't Define

I went for a run today after work and it was so cool and crisp outside--loved it. I think everyone should go outside more often. And not just on the way to the car or on the way to the front door of home or work--but really be outside for longer than 5 minutes. It's just good to get fresh air and to remember that other things are going on while you're cooped up inside all day. Plants are growing, animals are moving, clouds are changing, wind is blowing, and the sun is shining (or rain is falling). So that's my new idea--to go outside more and take a walk or run or whatever. Especially as spring is getting closer, take advantage of the outdoors! I remember at TLU when I walked everywhere and I really miss that. I'm in my car way too much nowadays. . .and I know people will say, "Well that's life in the real world," but why does it have to be that way? I wish the real world could be like college (doesn't everyone, Lauren?). . .you walk everywhere, chat with those you encounter on the way to and fro, and take time to reflect on life. I experienced more revelations about life while I walked around on campus than I ever did while sitting in class. And I would say it's because I was forced to be slow (the times I wasn't running late, that is) and purposeful. And I didn't have distractions like my car radio (which I could of course turn off, but that never happens). And I was outside breathing fresh air. In the 5 minutes it took to get to class, I could unwind a bit, prep a bit, think a bit, hum a bit, laugh to myself a bit.

Interesting.

Following this post are some recent pics. Have a great day, my friends.



You just don’t seem to see
I’ve been waiting all this time
To be something I can’t define.
~The Format


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So let's cause a scene...
Clap our hands and stomp our feet
Over something
Yeah, something
I just gotta get my self over me"

Thanks to your dear sister for introducing you to The Format.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home