Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Dust

Okay, I have a confession: I would absolutely love to audition for American Idol. I think it would be so much fun! Every time I watch it, I get all excited and wish I could be on stage, too. I might check it out further, see when they're nearby. . .just for fun. ha

Ash Wednesday today. Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return. During Lent, I think I'm going to take a walk outside once a day, clear my head, talk to God, reflect. Lent is such a different, somber time of year for me. And every Lent is different, you know? You're at a different point in life, different parts of you need healing, different sorrows, different joys, different perspective on Christ's death and resurrection. I gave the ashes at our service tonight, and my crosses were ugly compared to Sam's (he was responsible for the other half of the sanctuary). I bet my people were jealous of other people's crosses. :( Sad!

Oh, wait, I was just talking to one of my kids online and she wrote, "thank you for doing my ashes tonight." How sweet! Who thinks to say that, anyway? She also said that she got in a fight with a friend and looked up a Bible verse later that made her realize she was in the wrong. How often do I look in the Bible when I'm in a fight with someone--much less to find that I'm wrong? She's a precious, awesome girl.

My favorite Lenten hymns: Ah, Holy Jesus; O Sacred Head, Now Wounded; Go to Dark Gethsemane; In the Cross of Christ I Glory.

Lock-in this Friday. . .aaaah! I'm excited, but I better rest up b/c I'm going to be crabby if I'm tired--and that will not be fun.




Go to dark Gethsemane
All who feel the tempter's pow'r
Your Redeemer's conflict see
Watch with him one bitter hour
Turn not from his griefs away
Learn from Jesus Christ to pray.
~LBW 109

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home