Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Something Stirs

So I'm yoga's newest fan. Say hello to the new me--a chill, flexible, beautifully at peace with herself Lauren. Um yeah. . .that's the goal at least. :)

But seriously, we did yoga for an hour tonight at stress reduction and wow!! It feels so much different than a jogging workout. . .but it's still as intense, if not more so. Totally lovin' it.

And now, since I'm relaxed and making time to be contemplative for a moment, I'll fill you in on the latest tug I'm feeling in my heart. I read a quote today by Dan Lambert, who's apparently a youth worker somewhere, and he writes, "We need to be a sending generation. Between 95 and 99 percent of the world's youth ministers live in the United States, but we have less than 3 percent of the world's youth. More of us need to go work in the developing nations." When I read that, it really spoke to me. Something is stirring deep inside me. . .and I'm not sure if it's related to now or maybe a year from now, or when. . .and I'm not sure if it's related to somewhere out of the country, some inner-city within the U.S., or where . . .but I think God's working on me and preparing me for something I might not have previously envisioned for myself. And although I don't believe that the time is necessarily now, I do think that God is peeling away some stuff inside of me that keeps me from going where He calls me in the future. I keep wondering, "Am I too comfortable?"

But don't fret, kids! I'm going to be around for a while. It's a way cool experience to hear something new from God and not quite know what to do with it. . .

What are you hearing from God??

Shout-out to Jules--because I'm pretty sure you understand the whole "figuring out where we're headed in life" thing. You're still my favorite boss ever! And I'll never forget sitting in my dorm room and tearfully saying goodbye after an awesome, challenging, crazy first year of working together. I look up to you still (and probably always will) even though I don't see you often, even though we're miles apart. . .




and so it is.
just like you said it would be.
life goes easy on me
most of the time.
--damien rice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home