Monday, January 24, 2005

The Shape is Gone

Okay, so Leah has pictures on her blog and now I want to copy her. :) Although I'm kinda tired now so they may not get posted tonight. . .but at some point, you may feast your eyes on some of my favorite pictures for your viewing pleasure.

I just got back from BSF and the lecture tonight was all about the rapture. Hmmm. It made me think a lot about what's true and how much we're (society) straying from the Truth. But then again, some of the things I feel that society is straying from I'm wrestling with, too. . .and I think my conscience is fueled by the Spirit, so. . .whatever. . . .I don't feel like being all "intellectual" right now.

On to the next random subject.

At BSF, I talked to a girl who's in my discussion group who just happens to be from Arlington and she is totally related to an old friend of mine!! She mentioned the church she grew up in, and I was like, "Oh my goodness, did you know Alex?" blah blah blah. (And no, I didn't just ask if she knew "Alex," although that would be funny. I did in fact mention a last name.) And she used to babysit him. What a small world. Seriously. The funny (and at the same time, not-so-funny) thing is that this old friend of mine is married now. And I didn't think it would affect me like it did. . .but I was thinking about it a lot. I mean, Alex was my 4th grade boyfriend, people. It was serious stuff. :) Really, though, it's just weird to find out that people you haven't seen in forever are married and have lives that you know nothing about. Isn't that strange? Even though it makes complete sense, it's still strange and weird and. . .

Mmmm. Cookie dough is yummy.

Okay, so In Good Company soundtrack: not as good as I'd hoped. I know I raved about it in my first entry, but I hadn't received it in the mail yet and yeah. . .the only ones I really love are the Iron & Wine ones. So this means that I just need to buy an Iron & Wine CD. Wow, what a concept.



we gladly run in circles
but the shape we meant to make is gone
--I & W

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey copycat : )

I just remembered the other day the time you Audrey [sp?] played with my hair and slicked it all back aand then named me "Gust Of Wind". Do you remember that? Probably not, since it didn't have anything to do with physical pain [i.e. The "My daughter's not gay!!"..."CLUNK" episode].

Anyways, have a good one.

-Lil' SisSAY

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Hey, Gust, remember what ELSE we found that day that Audrey came over? Here's a hint: you were quite the artist. :)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

LOL! Hey, Gust, remember what ELSE we found that day that Audrey came over? Here's a hint: you were quite the artist. :)

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home