Friday, January 21, 2005

I love Friday!

Your ideas mature gradually--let them grow,
let them shape themselves, without undue haste.
Don't try to force them on,
as though you could be today what time
(that is to say, grace and circumstances
acting on your own good will)
will make of you tomorrow.
Only God could say what this new spirit
gradually forming within you will be.
. . .Accept the anxiety of feeling yourself in suspense and incomplete.
--Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
The above is an excerpt from a poem I received in the Stress Reduction clinic. . .cool stuff, I think. Life is so hurried. . .and I don't think God works in the way we do at all--He's much slower, and it's sometimes hard to be appreciative of that.
Last night I worked on my application to the Texas State grad school. I've decided that that's the best option for me right now. I remember while I was at TLU thinking, "Okay, I'm going to go somewhere far away and prestigious for grad school--forget the whole Texas school thing." HA! I think it's kinda funny to see where we end up in relation to the 'great plans' we construct for ourselves. My life has been all about plans. . .and the majority of those plans either came about in completely different ways or sometimes haven't even happened at all.
So anyway, I like Texas State, and since it's public it'll be cheaper (aaah! I don't even want to think about paying for school yet. . .) and it's close and honestly, I'd like a public education rather than a private one for my master's. I think it'd be good for me. I'm super excited about starting school next fall because, let's face it, I'm a huge nerd who misses writing papers and studying. I'm sure that opinion will start to change come October. . .
Yay for Fridays off and sleeping in! Tonight I'm going to John's to watch Saved by the Bell on DVD with Marcy, Janie, and John. Who knows how many episodes we'll actually be able to handle in one night, but I'm willing to bet we'll get pretty into it. Yes, we are all over 22 and this is what we call "fun." And yes, we've all been looking forward to it since Monday. YESSS!
I'm off to work out. . .or that's what I'm telling myself at least. But like I said, sometimes our plans don't go as planned. . .
Shout-out to Court: for long talks, silly talks, ridiculous jokes that no one (besides us) will ever understand, and for this friendship that will probably always baffle our minds--who would've thought?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob West said...

Try this one on:

I don't care if Monday's blue,
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too,
Thursday I don't care about you,
It's Friday, I'm in love!

;-p
Get some.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home